Wednesday, March 4, 2015

CATCH UP ROUND




 Not until Mindy told me to check the blog yesterday for info did I realize I had let Fast Sunday come and go without posting!  Honestly, I never thought about it on Sunday!  No excuses really, just being lame.  I guess I could blame it on being in recovery mode after tending Trav & Tammy's kids over the weekend, or I could blame it on my Sunday afternoon Relief Society Meeting with the Stake Visiting,  or my Visiting Teaching on Sunday, or my dinner at Reetas (with Dan & Larry gone to Guatemala the "girls" got together for dinner)...but bottom line, I plum forgot!
So this seems like a good time to catch up, cuz I am avoiding diving back into my taxes...in preparation for my meeting with Randy Gray next week.  With two rental properties sold and four bought this year, I am very overwhelmed trying to gather all pertinent information.  I now own seven rental properties...the new ones tend to be smaller with smaller rents, but they will give me more flexibility when and if I need to sell off,  and more coverage should I have an empty rental for a while.  I haven't gotten rich with the buying and selling this year; in fact, it's been less profitable, with more maintenance and vacancies between renters, but hopefully I will be better positioned going forward.  Why should any of this matter to you guys?  Cuz by living off of rental incomes, I am leaving your inheritances intact!  But I am putting you on notice…you’d better put whatever you get to good use!  OK…that subject is getting awkward, so I will move on.
The month of February was relatively quiet.  Actually, there were a couple of weeks there where I had spare time!  Of course I quickly filled it by digging into my scrapbooking….I honestly don’t know what to do with the THOUSANDS of pictures I have taken over the years.  In years past, I got them all developed, and now have files unending of pictures.  My goal for now is to  organize and put pictures in books through  the end of 2009.  Picture taking took a definite down turn after Dad….just didn’t have the same heart for it. I have taken pictures, but they have mostly stayed on my phone or in my computer.  SOOOO,  2009 will be the last year. Harder than it sounds.  I have been wading through that year, and it was a HUGE year!  Two weddings,  a trip to Mexico with my siblings in March,  Travis and family living in our basement, summer visits from Phil & fam from India, as well as Mindy from D.C. (with attendant cabin trips),  a Turner reunion in St George,  Girls Camp, Youth Conference at the cabin,  Dad busy working for U of U, Payne gathering in  Bear Lake,  trip to India with Bonnie and Shannon Blackburn,  Blackburn AND Payne gatherings at the cabin in September a trip to DC to visit Mindy and family in October  yada yada yada.  Things fell suddenly quieter after Nov 19, but life refused to stop, as Phil and family moved to Price and we all tried to find our new reality.  Ohmigosh, I will be SO GLAD when 2009 is in the scrapbook!  It has been so strange chronicling it.  I look at those pictures of us and marvel at how unknowing we were of what lay ahead for us.  How interesting our lives are.  Reed quoted Elder Holland as saying, “If you want to make Heavenly Father laugh, tell him your plans.”  That rings so true to me!


Ok, let’s move on.  I will just post some pictures now, of the rest of February.  Like I said, it was pretty quiet.

Ok, so I stole this from Kathryn, just too cute to not post.
(Does this shame you into posting, Phil?

Little Red Riding Hood and a mysterious wolf at the Curoiosity Museum






Another day at Curiosity Museum...this time we get Tammy and family!



I start lots of my days at Zumba...on this day, Wendy brought a couple of her grandkids:  Brent's daughters



I can't believe a friend of  Reeta's posted this pic of my on Facebook.  She gave me some cream to try on after Zumba one day, , then snapped my picture....I look like a freakin terrorist!



Sunrise from Trav's front yard....I always said the prettiest view of Carbon County was above the horizon....the SKY!



Matt beat me at his favorite game


Bubble bath at Nana's


Looking at these pictures, I realize they are all of little children!  Promise to get more pics of big people, as well as the precious new babies.

Should have had a picture of Ben, who turned 16 this month...we gave him tributes and watched him blow out candles....time is flying by!  He is growing so tall and handsome...





4 comments:

  1. Wow, that was a crazy year. I'm so glad you guys had that time to come out and see us… I think fondly back on those days.. I still remember the last day I spent with Dad because you went home early. We went to Fredricksburg… him, me, and Em. I also went to the commissary with him and he had a keen interest in their apples. He asked the produce guy something really weird, like what did they do with the apples they didn't sell. And he enjoyed showing me the different cuts of meat. Anyway, so glad I had that time to spend with them. I'll look forward to seeing your 2009 photo album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mindy...all that stuff means so much to me....sometimes wonder if it does to anyone else. So glad I have children that share some of those feelings....

    ReplyDelete
  3. In October 2009 I told dad that I didn't want to go back to Bain but that I wanted to join a small company where I could be part of the leadership team. He told me about a company in Price that I should look at and he took my resume over to Intermountain Electronics. He said the HR Manager looked at it and didn't know what to do with it. Isn't it crazy how many little wrinkles there - how many seeds are sewn that you can't even see at the time? 2009, what a year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom, I love the mug shot!

    Since we're sharing some 2009 memories, I'll share a fun 2009 one. One of the last times we saw Dad we had just bought a 2009 Hyundai Elantra. It was something that I think typically Dad would be opposed to, especially in our first year of marriage. But when we brought it down to Lindon and Dad was there he came out and looked at it with me and took interest in the car and didn't doubt or question us about our decision. It just seemed like he trusted me. He had let go. I was Amber's and he trusted Amber and I together.

    ReplyDelete