Monday, July 6, 2015

WHAT HAPPENED?

What happened to life that it got so busy.  It is the first Sunday of the month, and I'm not putting very good odds on you all getting on here!  Still, if for no one else but Mindy, I will post a few things.  I am sitting in my living room on Sunday night, July 5, watching "Glory" on TV, and listening to the sound of fireworks outside.  I hope you all had a good 4th of July.  I think I got a sense of what most of you were doing (tho some of it I had to learn through facebook/instagram-who says it isn't a good thing), and I think we're all in good shape.  Just a quick family rundown, in case you're wondering who was doing what:
1- Becky and Dave and family headed to Grand Junction, where they attended a Griffin family reunion
    at Dave's brother's home.  THey have returned to Utah, giving the trip rave reviews.  THeir numbers
    are similar to ours, tho their ages put them about 5 years ahead of us.
2- Phil and Kathryn, I hear, went to Rocky Mountain National Park.  Looks beautiful.  Details, Phil?
3-Travis and Tammy?  He checked in with me to see if the family was doing anything..when I told him     not really, he said they might head to Cedar City to Tammy's family cabin.  That's the last I heard.
4- Mindy and family were sighted in Copehagen.  Where in Europe will the Shaha's turn up next?
5- Reed and Amber went on a hike with Hyrum  in the morning, bbq'd with Amber's family in the
    evening.
6- Dennis went on a bike ride in the morning, then spent the late afternoon/evening in Kamas with the
    Engars.
7- Bonnie & Greg headed to Arizona, where they paid a visit to Greg's brother and wife.  Again, my
    best information is from posted pictures...it looks like they had a great time.
8- Mary & Trent.  I've been told it's a good thing I had lots of kids, cuz there will always be
    SOMEBODY to keep me company.  Mary & Trent were those SOMEBODIES this weekend.
    I realize I had claim on you all for a FULL WEEK in Mexico, so I am more than happy to yield to in     laws and other pursuits, but still I count myself lucky that I got Mary & Trent for part of this holiday.     I had an invitation to join my cousin Diane and her family for a trip to Payson Lake to swim, paddle       board, etc.  Mostly, it sounded good to kick back and not be in charge of anything and relax.  When       I  realized we would all be scattered this weekend, I accepted the invitation, and when I invited Mary
    and Trent to come with me, they were up for it!
9- ME!!!!  So I rented a paddle board, packed us a picnic, and we left here shortly after 10 am Saturday
    morn.  The day was great, and I was very grateful to have Mary & Trent along.  We ate, visited,
    relaxed, and played on the paddle boards.  I worked up the nerve to attempt the paddleboard in a
    standing position at the end of the day, and actually managed it, only to have a major rain storm            overtake us (Mary, Trent and me) on the lake.  Our scramble to get in to shore was a grand                    adventure, as was taking down our canopy and packing up in hard, soaking rain.  We got home and
   Mary and Trent left for a bbq with his family (thanks for the kind invite, guys), but I decided to
   spend the night at home.  I was pretty content until it got dark, and I heard fireworks all around me,
   but could see nothing for the trees.  You know how I can't stand to miss a party, so I put Buddy on a    leash, and headed to the high school field.
   On my way, I met up with some nice neighbors, and we sat together on the lawn in the middle of the
   field.  We could see fireworks all around us, some far away, and some right on top of us.  All
   beautiful, and I felt the spirit of the 4th!  I had worried a about this day....would it be hard as "special"
   days can be when they are no longer familiar or sure.  Grateful that it was good.

So that covers the 4th, and the weekend was rounded out with a dinner invitation from Dennis and Ashley today.  They had invited some neighbors for dinner, and I was asked to join them.  Wonderful meal, wonderful time.  I am surely blessed!

In other news, Phil and Kathryn are arriving Sunday,  July 19th, and will be here for two weeks.  The weekend of the 24th will be our only whole weekend with them, so save some time for gathering!

Cousins Camp will be July 28-30.  Invitations have been sent, and I have big plans for it!  Our theme this year will be WOLVES.  Mindy, you will get t-shirts and stuff in the mail.  Just cuz you're not here in real time, doesn't mean you're not in our hearts and minds.

It is way late, so that will have to be enough for tonite.  Love to all....when are we going to pool our Mexico pictures?


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. Yes - we'll be there in two weeks. Look forward to the time there. Can't wait for the kids to have cousins camp.

    Thanks again Nana for an awesome trip to Mexico. It is a bit hard to return to the real world.

    Does anyone have any ideas for the weekend of the 24th of July?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debi thanks so much for cousins' camp! I'm not sure if we or Emery is more excited. :) Also - I wish I would've known that you didn't have set plans 4th of July evening. I would've persuaded you to come up to Kamas with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update Mom. 4th of July is always a dud over here. Kind of sad.

    ReplyDelete