Sunday, September 6, 2015

August in Hyrums words

I celebrated my first birthday in August.  I had two great parties for me, one with Dads side of the family, another with Moms side.  I got lots of great gifts.  Thank you everyone!  Here I am playing with some of Nana's bath toys





Here I am with my own little cake Mom made.  The first night I cried and cried with the cake.  The second night I got nice and messy and seemed to enjoy it more.  Mom's an impressive host and baked lots of yummy food for the birthday.  With help from others we had garden food, meat, bread (Tia Kathryn's recipe that Nana brought, yum) and desserts.  

This was one of Mom and Dad's gifts, I think Dad's more excited then me.  My first pair of Nike High Tops.


Dad's been enjoying teaching.  Mom helps him.  Mom made a bunch of pictures for him to put up on an Old Testament timeline.  This one is the fall.  I'm grateful for the Fall because I'm here!


Here I am on a hike in Capitol Reef.  We went on two short hikes the morning before the Blackburn reunion.  There are some other pics of me with some of my favorite girls on Dad's Facebook (Cousin June, Mom, and Nana).  We loved the reunion.  Tio Trent and Tia Mary sat by me in the back of the car on the drive.  Some highlights were eating with Tia Mary and Tio Trent at Slackers (a really yummy hamburger joint Dad fell in love with), Mom and Dad re-establishing Blackburn connections, and just  being with family.  It doesn't get any better than that.


Here I am feeding cousin June.  I also went to Seven Peaks one night with Cousin June and Tia Bonnie and Tio Greg.  Dad took me on a huge slide.  Unfortunately we didn't get a pic.  What was he thinking?  It was way too fast.  I cried and cried when the slide ride was over.  Other than that it was a great evening hanging out in the kiddie pools.  I love the water!


Here I am at Timpanogas cave.  I slept through the whole cave.  I was tired!


Dad got invited by Lennie Torres to his house.  Some old high school friends were there.  





I also got some 1 yr. old pictures taken.  Here's some of the best.  I don't know what I'm going to do with my hair when I get older.  It sticks straight up and I got a double calic in the front that will give me some issues, but for now it's ok



It was a great month.  I love my family and extended family so much.  I love when we get together more than anything!

Hugs and kisses to all.
Hyrum

2 comments:

  1. i LOVE these pictures! Especially the one year old plaid shirt pictures! He is so beautiful. I did not know you got to see Lennie Torres. Would love to hear more about that night...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE these pictures! Especially the one year old plaid shirt pictures! He is so beautiful. I did not know you got to see Lennie Torres. Would love to hear more about that night...

    ReplyDelete