Monday, December 29, 2014

Welcome to My Blackburn Family!

Hi guys!

Sorry it took me so long to get this blog up and running.  But it's going right now!  You should have all received invites to your email to be "admin" on the blog.  That means that you can write a post.  I did not invite spouses because I don't have email addresses.  If you will please text me the email addresses for your lovers then I will get them up and added to the site!

The address for this site is MYBLACKBURNFAMILY.BLOGSPOT.COM

myblackburnfamily.blogspot.com
myblackburnfamily.blogspot.com
myblackburnfamily.blogspot.com
myblackburnfamily.blogspot.com
myblackburnfamily.blogspot.com

Memorize that!

Let me know if you have questions about how the site works.  I think it should be pretty self explanatory... ?  I hope so.  For right now I have left the blog public.  If you want it to be private, just let me know and I can do that piece of cake.  I know we all miss myfamily.com but I think a blog will be better in the long run.  To start with we don't have to pay for it.  And we can include pictures right in the text of the post which is awesome.  Please let me know if you need help figuring out how to do a post for the first time (might be confusing to start with, but after that it should be super easy.)

I propose we all try to post the first Sunday of the month as we did with myfamily.com.  Even if you can't do a whole post, you can at least throw up a picture and it will help to stay more in touch.  I am trying to figure out how to do it so that we all get email notifications when a new comment has been added to a post.

Let me know if you have questions!  Love you all and Merry Christmas!

Oh- a tip for putting up pictures.  After you have put the picture up and it shows up on the blog click on the picture.  A blue toolbar should pop up.  Click on the 'x large' link- that way your pictures are nice and big like the one below!

6 comments:

  1. Bonnie, what's the name of the blog again??
    Thank you so much for setting this up!!! I kind of like the idea of it being private myself. What are everyone else's thoughts? I know it sounds crazy, but us Shahas have to be careful with our social media and whatnot because of Ben's job and the stupid terrorists always lurking around cyberspace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first I thought you were serious about what is the name of the blog and I was about to get very frustrated...

      Delete
  2. I think private is great for Mindy's sake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem! I will make it private pronto. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Public.

    Thanks Bonnie for getting this started!!! So excited to feel the connection of family again through a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of private as well... Lots of very public forums out there already.

    ReplyDelete