Sunday, January 11, 2015

BIRTHDAYS

So, this will be short but I wanted to share with those of you not here...our birthday party tonight.  January is a big birthday month for our family, and since it generally quiets down in January, we usually get a chance to honor the birthday people.  THe only thing I feel bad about is that the June, July and August birthdays usually get the shaft cuz there are SO MANY of them, and there always seems to be SO MUCH going on that time of year.  So, we resolved tonight to do justice to our summer birthdays...a real commitment to give them the honor and recognition they so richly deserve (I'm laying it on thick, aren't I?) when the time comes.  We entertained the thought of making each day in Mexico a birthday for a different deserving birthday person, and celebrating in style.  Hold me to it, will you?
Anyway, about tonight.  Mindy, you will be happy to know that in an effort to connect with you, I made the same birthday cake recipe that you guys had on YOUR birthday.  Were you feeling the connection tonight?  We did the same old routine:  dinner (lasagna, cuz I heard this week it is a "comfort food"and I figured everyone could use some comfort), wishes, cake, candles.  We gave wishes to all January birthdays:  Becky, Reed, Amber, and even Aguette.  It was just so nice.  We sat around in the living room and watched June and Hyrum lying on a blanket next to each other on the floor.  They are so cute in their development...their personalities are emerging and they captivate us all.    I only wish I had taken more pictures!  In the future, I will remember this blog, and be sure to do so.  Meanwhile, our hearts are with you who were not here...Tammy & Trav, Phil & Kathryn, Mindy & Ben and families....We love you!

Next time I will take more than one picture for sure!  What happened to Becky and why is Sheri Dew in this picture?



Ten minutes before this, about 8 people were huddled around this game that Phil & Kathryn gave to Bonnie & Greg for Christmas.  They loved it!

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures mom! I'm sorry I didn't see them earlier. I propose for the summer birthdays that we do some in March and April or September and October. Seriously. No one has birthdays those months and then we could spread them out a little better. Greg has never had "tributes" done for him in our four years of marriage and it always makes me feel a little guilty. Actually that's not true. I think Travis gave him a tribute once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg has never had a tribute! A tragedy indeed! Tell Greg I think he the bomb and he's basically a comedian, and I look forward to the day I can give him a proper birthday tribute. --Ashley

      Delete
  2. I volunteer as tribute for Greg

    ReplyDelete