Sunday, May 17, 2015

Happenings

Hey Mindy and Mom, here's our family update

Reed
1-Thrilled school is almost over.
2-Cannot wait for school to be over
3-Is it summer time yet
4-It's been a crazy year for me and I've loved it but it's also been exhausting.  I'll be forever grateful for the one year I've had to teach history.  I'm glad I took on the extra class and right now am teaching the Civil War.  Of course I think about Dad all the time as I teach about Lincoln, Lee, Jackson, Gettysburg and everything else that goes with it.
5-Preparing for meetings tomorrow and Tuesday for seminary where I will finally get some info on the finality of what will happen for me during the summer and next year.  I do know that I'll be teaching either at East, Skyline, or Olympus.
6-I love being a Dad to Hyrum.  He's the highlight of every one of my days.  I love coming home to him, taking him from Mommy and going on a walk.
7-Watching the playoffs when he can.  Cheering for a Hawks Warriors final.  Two teams that play team basketball.  Hates the superstar mentality that people say you have to have to win an NBA championship.
8-Loving the Cubs!  2015, this is their year.
9-Loves teaching gospel doctrine.  Today's lesson was on the Prodigal Son.  I talked about Dennis the whole time (J/K but since he doesn't get on here it won't even matter)  I actually used a talk from conference and felt like it was one of my best lessons I've given.  Also the 10 lepers and the importance of saying thank you.

Amber
1-Full time and happy Mom.  Loves waking up to Hyrum and spending the days with him
2-Keeps herself busy by hanging out with other moms during the week, seeing Nana now and again, and visiting grandma's in Taylorsville and Salt Lake.
3-Her good friend is named Laura. they go to the gym together and mostly just chat.  Laura's fun to talk to because she has 3 crazy kids that have even crazier stories.  Amber listens and tells me and we discuss that we never want Hyrum to become a teenager.
4-Loves her book club.  Just read Edenbrooke, a proper romance!
5-Just planted her garden and fixed a sprinkler head Reed ran over with a tiller
6-Just bought a armoire on KSL yesterday and excited to re-finish it
7-Preparing for a visit from Dad and sister who are coming in from West Virgina.  They have never met Hyrum
8-Staying busy with Young Women, revving up for camp.  Worried they might release her 1st counselor who she has come to rely and lean on heavily and who is a dear friend.

Hyrum
1-Scoots and rolls all over the place, so close to crawling but can't quite do it still.
2-Surprising Mom and Dad with his strength.  Can pull himself up and stand with assistance from a table, crib, couch, etc.  yesterday Mom put him down in the crib and when she turned around he had pulled himself up and was standing.  Time to lower the crib mattress.  Crazy!
3-Generally a happy boy, generally sleeps good, eats well.
4-Becoming attached to Mom?  It's a fear Mom and Dad have, he brings so much joy to others, we don't want him to grow attached to Mom and Dad and not go to others.
5-Doesn't say any consonants yet, I know Dad really wants me to say Da-da though because he says that word to me 1,000 times a day.

Other Stuff
1-Amber's Uncle is recovering.  Still in the hospital but alert and awake.  We're hoping it's a blessing in disguise for that family

3 comments:

  1. Reed - I read these posts so I will pass along that you compared Dennis to the prodigal son. He will be thrilled! Glad you guys are doing well. I''ll do an update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reed, you're racking up the points....
    Nice post....great summaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reed,

    Thanks for your post... I laughed out loud at your "dad says da-da 1000 times a day". Jensen has been pretty worthless on any types of sounds, even vowels. All he does is blow raspberries, it's like he is a horse. It has been his only sound - but it is very cute and he does it on purpose, when he is happy.

    then out of nowhere, yesterday he might have made some major progress, it is consonant sounds, and suspiciously close to "dada". I've been hitting that hard with him since. He keeps saying it, whatever it is... but not quote "dada". We'll get there though.

    See you in Mexico!

    ReplyDelete