Monday, May 4, 2015

TRAV'S POST

Well, I am at Mom's house and she is forcing me to write an entry.  I only have a few minutes though, so it will be brief.

Our lives are good.  Very, very busy right now.  It is May and we are all so ready for school to be out.  Lizzy, Rachel and Matt are all in soccer.  I coach Lizzy's team and Tammy signed up to Coach Matt's team.  However, Tammy decided she didn't want to do it, so I am coaching Matt's team.  Matt isn't much of a soccer player though.  He will run for about 2 seconds and they decide he is tired and just look around.  It's so frustrating.

The weather has turned warm.  We will be planting our garden next week.  It will be nice to have fresh vegetables again.

Our kids are good.  all growing up.  Katelynn is still a monster, but is at least starting to sleep better.  Lizzy turns 10 in a couple weeks.  Crazy.

Well, I better get going.  I will try to write a longer post later.  Can't wait to see everyone in Mexico

Travis

2 comments:

  1. I would love to see you in action as a soccer coach. Are we the only parents on the planet who don't have their kids in soccer??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Travis. When I saw that you posted I thought "crap" because now I am the biggest deadbeat. But your entry doesn't count as a full qualifier, you were coerced so I'm still gonna say you are behind.

    Everyone - when I go to Price for work I stay with Travis and Tammy. They are very nice to let me have a room downstairs. I love going. My favorite things:

    1) The kids LOVE to wrestle. All of them, including Katelynn. She acts like she can't get too close, but she also can't keep herself away. But Matt Matt and Rachel are my favorite to wrestle with.
    2) I'll eat dinner with them - Tammy is always nice enough to cook for me even though I never know my schedule and I'm always later than I say I'll be. Though a couple times I've been able to watch the kids while Trav & Tammy go out for dinner or for a movie.
    3) Having Lizzy act like she likes me. She showed with me some of a project she did once about her, and she had to talk about her name, how people call her Liz, Lizzy, or Elizabeth, but that her uncle Phil calls her "Lizbert". And I do, I love it. I just found a "Filbert" street in Denver, I'm going to take a picture and send it to her mom's cell!
    4) Telling stories. We don't always do it but they love to hear about their uncles and aunts and when we were little kids. I told the story of "Pitchfork" the pig and they all acted like they didn't know it. And then Lizzy did say she had heard Travis tell it before but she had forgotten.
    I love them and seeing them when I go to Price is always the highlight of my trip.

    Thanks T&T!

    ReplyDelete