Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Pleasant Grove Blackburns

Dear family,

I'm not sure how this blog thing works but I'm sure we'll get the hang of it.  Ash got me logged in, so I'll have to figure out how to do it next time.

There was a certain connection that we all felt as a family when myfamily.com was up and running.  I miss it.  This will be good to see if we can get that back.

I'll just give a quick update.  Our day to day lives seem so much the same that I feel like it would be boring to write about what's happening.  But then I start thinking about all you guys and that I have no idea how Mary's big test went, what's new in Germany, and whether or not Trav and Tami even still live in Price.  That makes me realize that maybe some of the small details of our lives will be interesting to all you.

We'll start with the big news.  We've told a few of you, but.....ASHLEY IS PREGNANT.  We're so excited.  I really can't wait to have another baby.  I have this scary feeling in the gut of my stomach that I've forgotten how hard it was to have a newborn and that I'm being a bit naive when it comes to the reality of a baby in the home again.  But we're stoked.  More than anything, I'm excited for Emery to have a sibling.  She gets so bored with us.  I also feel like she has a sensitive heart and is a great care taker.  I think she'll be a great big sister.

My work is going well.  I really do like my job.  I get along really well with my boss. He gives me space and freedom to run all my projects the way I want to.  I'm really good friends with the other two project managers.  One is Cody Reynolds...some of you know him.  He's actually a Bateman and we became good friends in the CM program at BYU.  The other one is Tyler Berry.  He played football at BYU back in the day and acts exactly like you think a former football player would.  We bought a ping pong table for the office.  It's become the latest time killer.  Any dispute or argument we have is resolved over the table.  I'm proud to report that no one can beat me.  I think I'm finally ready to play Travis.

We finally finished the remodel on our little townhouse.  It actually looks pretty good and I'm kinda proud of the way it turned out.  We completely redid the two bathrooms, new paint, new carpet, new trim, and new doors.  We need to have some of you over for dinner so you can see it.  We'd like to move out this summer.  It would be nice to make it happen in June or July.  Ashley is due in September, so it would be nice to have the move over before then.  We'll probably move somewhere near point of the mountain.  I'd like to find something that's new and has an unfinished basement.  That way I could finish it for dirt cheap and add quite a bit of value to the home.  We'll probably keep this townhome we're in now and keep it as a rental.

Ashley should be able to quit working here in the summer.  She would possibly work part time from home, or maybe just quit all together and start teaching pilates again.  It will be nice to have her home full time with Emery.  As of now, Mom watches Emery twice a week, Ashley works from home twice a week, and Becky watches her once a week.  We're so grateful for the help Mom and Becky have offered us.  We couldn't have done it without them.

I bought a new truck.  I like it a lot.  My other one was getting way too many miles and it wasn't 4wd.
Goodnight everyone.  I'll try and figure out how to go see everyone else's posts.  Mom, could you email me the link/invitation so I can access it through my own email address and not Ashley's?  Send the invitation to dennis@egreenexteriors.com

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the pregnancy! That is pretty big news I say! I'm so excited for you guys. We need to get some around the world going on in the family. I love ping pong but am probably the worst in the family. It's nice to have you on here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dennis and Ashley, congrats! Yiu said your life was pretty boring and then you drop that bombshell! So you're still good to go for Mexico, right? I want to see pics of the remodel and your new truck. Love, me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! I had no idea! Emery will be an awesome older sister. Also. I've had so much fun going through the comments and guessing whether it's Ashley or Dennis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We know of some great areas that you could move to. WE'll give you some ideas when you're thinking. We've said it before, but we want to end up living close to you guys.

    How cool would it be to be able to tend one anothers kids? Do activities together whenever? Do vacations together? Play on the same ward basketball team? You be my Elders quorum president and give me a PPI? Ash be the Primary president and take care of Hyrum in there? Work out together? Our kids go to the same school? We have to make this happen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dennis, congratulations. You told me a little while ago but I think you probably had already posted it here? That is exciting news.

    So the 100% definitive proof that Travis has not been on the website yet or read this entry is that there is not a response in the comment section saying, "I'll still beat you at ping pong. You stink." He would not have missed the opportunity to include the jab.

    Loving your work/employment is a great blessing in life.

    Phil

    ReplyDelete